Step to Install Grid-connected Rooftop Solar PV
1. Express interest through the website or mobile app or offline form
Residential Consumers can express interest by applying online, through an offline form or the mobile APP for the installation of the Rooftop Solar System.
2. Select Vendor for Installing the system
The interest expressed shall be notified to registered solar installers, who will then contact you and visit your premises to assess the feasibility for the installation of the solar plant.
3. Feasibility Study and Installation Agreement
The selected vendor will conduct a feasibility study for the installation of Rooftop Solar Plant at your premises. After establishing feasibility, you will be presented with an option to enter into an agreement with the vendor for installation.
4. Application to DISCOM for Net Metering
To get a Net Metering Connection with DISCOM, please follow these steps:
* this step can be taken care of by the selected vendor also
a. Express intent to install via Net Metering Application form
- DISCOM to receive Application Form – from Customer
- Acknowledgment with Unique Service Number – from DISCOM
- Site Visit Report – Voltage level, Renewable loading on the network – by DISCOM
- The auto-debit of Rs. 500 as application fee – by DISCOM
b. Registration form (details about customer plan and scheme)
- Receipt of the Customer Registration form – from customer
- Technical evaluation of Registration form – by DISCOM
- Registration form approval – by DISCOM
- Demand note charges based on solar capacity – by DISCOM
c. Net metering connection agreement
- Sign off – Net metering connection agreement – between customer and DISCOM
- Renewable system installation and intimation – by customer
- Customer submission of necessary report & certificates
d. Net metering installation and system energization
- Site visit for compliance with connection agreement by DISCOM – by DISCOM
- Scheme for net metering – by DISCOM
- Charges against scheme execution – by DISCOM
- Net metering installation – by DISCOM
- System to punch net meter – by DISCOM
- Development of Billing system in SAP – by DISCOM
5. Solar installer collects the installation cost as agreed among the parties
DISCOMs will inspect the installation and issue a commissioning certificate. The selected vendor will collect 70% of the project cost from consumers and the consent letter for release of subsidy from the consumer.
The vendor will collect the Bank Guarantee equivalent to three months of solar generation cost from the consumer as collateral for system installation under the RESCO model.
6. Comprehensive O&M
Under the Capex model of financing, the vendor will provide free maintenance for the first 5 years. This, however, can be renewed for a fee if the consumer wishes to. The conditions are negotiated between the consumer and the vendor. The responsibility of checking the operability and well-being of the system rests with the consumer once the maintenance contract expires.
Under the RESCO model of financing, the Operation and Maintenance responsibility lies solely with the vendor and is free for 25 years of panel life.